Assalamu’alaykum Wa Rahmatullah
Download Annual Naqshbandi Ijtima Programme audios.
The Following is the gist of the lecture which was delivered on the last day of ‘Itikaaf by Hazrat Sayyid Maulana Talha Qasmi Sahab Naqshbandi (DB):
– Reciting “Bismillah illadhi la yadurru ma’a ismihi shay’un fi’l-ard wa la fi’l-sama’ wa huwa al-samee’ ul-‘aleem”(3 times) after Fajr.
– Reciting Surah Yaseen(1 time) on a daily basis after Fajr and making an intention(niyyah) of Isaale-e-Thawaab(Passing rewards) to the Naqshbandi Mashaikh.
– To try reading the Manzil twice if not atleast once.
– Recital of Surah Al-Waqi’ah once after the Maghreb.
– Recital of Surah Al-Mulk once before going to bed if not after ‘isha salah.
– To consider the work for Deen as our own and carrying it out with proper understanding (meaning to work for deen in the same way as we work for ourselves).
– To not belittle or disdain any person and serve every human with due respect.
– To have a good conduct (Husn-e-Sulook) with the Family members. While Explaining aspects of Deen, one must act with Softness, Love and Wisdom.
– To strive for the riddance of Bad elements and Sins from one’s House.
– To make our Character as the best form of Da’wah.
– To happily accept and follow the rules laid by the Nation(Government).
– Making Istikhaarah as our ma’mool.
– To be firm in serving the Elders(Parents, Mashaikh etc) and to make it as a ma’mool.
– To fast the Days of Ayyam al-Beed (The White Days) as well as Mondays and Thursdays.
– The Salikeen has 10 daily Salaah; 5 Fard and 5 nawaafil which includes Ishraaq, Chasht, Awwabeen, Salatut Tasbeeh and Tahajjud.
– On Fridays one must recite the Durood Shareef for atleast 300 times.
– To accept one’s fault while finding good in others.
Insha’Allaah more points will be added in a form of detailed post.
May Allaah make it easy for us to practice upon what has been advised with khushu’ wa khuzu, Aameen!
To get Instant updates of Live Bayaans and other Events, Please follow us on our Telegram Channel from the link provided below:
Excerpts taken from Hazrat Shaykh Talha Qasmi Naqshbandi Damat Barkatuhum’s discourses:
This is the convocation ceremony, Allah says about the Ulama (Islamic scholars) those with knowledge and those without are not equal. Allah does not consider words as knowledge. There are numerous who can play with words (to mesmerize others) however Allah calls them uneducated. That which is considered knowledge is the light that comes in the heart. Sayyedina Imam Sha’fi (Rah) said to his tutor Imam Waki (Rah) , “Hazrat (revered) I forget lessons”. Imam Waki (Rah) gave an unusual advise, Imam Shafi (Rah) was a poet too and he narrates this entire incident in one of his poems
I said to my tutor Hazrat Waki Rahimahullah that I forget my lesson
Hazrat Waki Rahimahullah replied “leave sins”
This is because knowledge is Allah’s light and Allah’s light is not bestowed upon someone who sins. To learn words is done in the madrasa (Islamic institutions), the work of getting the light of that knowledge in the heart is done in Khanqah (place for spiritual reformation). Therefore, the name ‘divine connections of the blessed servants of Allah‘ is the amalgamation of Islamic schools and Khanqah.
There’s a rule in the world, when a man expects something from someone then he also fears that person and if one expects something in return then one tries to make the person (from whom there is expectation) happy. A shopkeeper makes every effort to make the customer happy. People of Imaan were taught through the Ambiya Alayhimussalaam that man has to return to Allah and will be examined for his life (how he spent his life) and then he will be rewarded (accordingly). When this is the worry of a man (being examined after death and rewarded accordingly) it is then that he strives to ensure he does not make Allah unhappy and this is peity (Taqwa).
-Shaykh Sayyid Muhammad Talha Qasmi Naqshbandi (d.b)